Jackim Woods & Co is a boutique mergers & acquisitions firm that advises clients on buying and selling privately held companies.
Our services include:
- Sell-side Advice and Representation
- Buy-side Advice and Representation
- Business Valuations
- Corporate Development Services
- Strategic Planning
- Expert Witness Services
- Calculation of Economic Damages
- Exit Planning
Our 25 years of experience combined with our network of relationships with financial and strategic buyers enables us to deliver superior results for our clients.
As a sell-side advisor, we draw upon our industry expertise and years of experience to develop and implement a custom marketing strategy for your company based on its size, industry, and your objectives. In most cases, this involves us proactively marketing your company to a highly targeted list of prospective buyers or investors to help you maximize the value of your company.
To do that we typically run a formal sell-side process during which we prepare a professional offering package including a seller profile, a confidential information memorandum, and an integrated financial model that describes your business – then we proactively market your company to a group of targeted buyers. This increases the probability you will receive multiple offers for your business and get the best combination of price and terms. We manage the process and work closely with you from start to finish to ensure we accomplish your goals.
To learn more about selling your business, please contact us for a no-cost, no-obligation conference call. We would be happy to answer any questions and help you explore your options.
Companies that implement a long-term corporate development program and use acquisitions to supplement organic growth, grow at twice the rate of other companies.
For clients interested in developing a long-term growth strategy the includes making acquisitions, we offer affordable out-sourced corporate development services. We manage the corporate development programs for several successful companies and advise them on strategic acquisitions. We work side-by-side with our clients to identify the best investment opportunities and to coordinate all aspects of the transaction from strategic planning to a successful closing.
Our corporate development services assist clients with each step of the corporate development process including:
- Developing a strategic plan, including related acquisition criteria
- Doing market research to identify acquisition opportunities based on your investment objectives
- Contacting possible targets on your behalf
- Arranging initial conference calls or meetings with interested parties
- Performing comprehensive financial and industry due diligence
- Determining an appropriate valuation for the company or business, its facility, and other assets
- Assisting with securing acquisition financing proposals from multiple sources to ensure you get the best possible terms
- Negotiating the terms of the transaction
- Facilitating legal documentation
- Managing public relations post-closing
Jackim Woods & Co provides business valuation services to business owners, attorneys, buyers and lenders.
These valuations are often used in conjunction with an M&A transaction or a capital raise but are also used in shareholder agreements, shareholder disputes, and divorce proceedings.
The principals at Jackim Woods & Co have completed several hundred valuation projects and have written two books on business valuation, including The $10 Trillion Opportunity: Designing Successful Exit Strategies for Middle Market Business Owners, Second Edition! and Business Valuation For Dummies.
Our business valuation services include:
- Full IRS Sec. 59-60 compliant valuations or Calculations of Value
- A full analysis and benchmarking of all relevant revenue streams and value drivers
- A detailed review of the company’s real estate or lease economics
- An in-depth analysis of the company’s capital structure including any contingent liabilities
- A thorough review of key contracts
- Use of three valuation methodologies, including market comparable transactions
Jackim Woods & Co provides value-added exit planning services to owners of privately held companies with an emphasis on achieving the owner’s personal, business and financial goals.
A strategic exit plan is designed to help a business owner and his or her family reach their personal, business and financial objectives. It involves focusing on what can be done over the next two to three years to maximize the value of a business and prepare it for sale so that the owner maximizes the net proceeds from the transaction after taxes and fees.
The founders of Jackim Woods & Co have been leaders in the exit planning profession for over a decade. Rich Jackim, wrote the critically acclaimed book on exit planning, entitled “The $10 Trillion Opportunity” and founded the Exit Planning Institute, the leading association of exit planning professionals in the world.
Our exit planning services include:
- Review and documentation of your personal, business and financial goals
- Analysis and benchmarking of all relevant value drivers including revenue, intellectual property, and off-balance sheet assets
- Analysis of all relevant risk factors or value detractors including operating costs, competitive market position, facility condition, management depth, customer concentration, etc.
- Benchmarking the performance of your business based on five key management metrics to see how it compares to its peers.
Value your business using two valuation methodologies
- Create a value enhancement strategy to maximize the value of your business
- Analysis of the pros and cons of your exit options including a third party sale, a sale to management or a key employee, a sale to its members, or a sale or gift to a son or daughter or other family members
- Develop a strategic timetable to implement a successful exit
Proven and Experienced Expert Witness Services
Jackim Woods & Co has the knowledge and experience to help you win your case if you are representing a plaintiff or defendant in litigation involving the purchase or sale of a business, a shareholder dispute, bankruptcy, or divorce proceedings.
With deep knowledge of the mergers and acquisitions and business brokerage industry, we provide expert witness services in the following areas.
Areas of Expertise
- Business valuations
- Franchisor and franchisee litigation
- Calculation of economic damages
- Purchase price allocation
- Valuation of personal goodwill
- Earnout disputes
- Lender or creditor disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Divorce settlements
- Valuation of intangible assets like customer lists, intellectual property, brand value, or goodwill.
Click here to learn how selecting the right expert can help you win your case.